April 9, 2019
Call for Nominations
April 8, 2019
UAAC is calling for nominations to be its representative with the Comité International d’Histoire de I’Art . (CIHA)
As UAAC is unable to support the cost of attending the conference, this person will ideally be someone who already attends CIHA regularly. However, in recognition of the delegate’s contribution, UAAC will waive their UAAC annual membership while they remain our CIHA delegate.
The delegate will be asked to prepare a brief report for the UAAC Board of Directors.
The 2019 CIHA conference is in Florence in September.
Should there be more than one candidate the decision will be made by the UAAC Board of Directors.
The Comité International d’Histoire de l’Art (CIHA) has as its aims:
- To develop the historical and methodological study of artistic activities and productions.
- To ensure permanent links between art historians of all countries.
- To stimulate international meetings of art historians.
- To stimulate and co-ordinate the dissemination of information about research undertaken under the aegis of CIHA.
- To disseminate information and publicity about art historical activities world-wide: conferences, publications, research projects etc.
- To study means of improving methods of teaching and research, and of increasing the research resources available to art historians: data bases, bibliographies, photographic and iconographical documentation, etc.
- To serve international co-operation in the sense defined by the CIPSH.