November 26, 2021
Call for submissions | 2021 UAAC-AAUC Conference Graduate Student Essay Award
Deadline for submissions: January 15, 2022
Graduate students who presented papers at the 2021 UAAC/AAUC conference are invited to submit complete versions of their essays, in English or French, for consideration by the UAAC-AAUC Board for the Annual Graduate Student Essay Award. The winning essay will be awarded a $250 prize, and will be published in the spring 2022 issue of RACAR.
The regulations are as follows:
- Eligible essays must be papers delivered by graduate students at the 2021 UAAC/AAUC conference; please include in your submission the name of the panel at which your paper was delivered and the name of the Chair of that panel.
- Essays can be in English or French.
- The final submission must conform to the RACAR style guide (http://www.racar-racar.com/submit-an-article.html).
- The final essay should not exceed 5000 words in length and contain a maximum of five illustrations.
- The author of the selected essay is responsible for securing and paying for all image publication rights before the essay is published. It is not necessary to secure permissions for images that accompany your submission. Please include thumbnails of the images with the essay.
- The deadline for submission is January 15, 2022. Essays should be submitted electronically, in WORD format, to Paola Aron Badin, the UAAC administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
The winning essay will be adjudicated by a committee of three UAAC members appointed by the UAAC-AAUC Board and will be announced by February 5, 2022.